- Specimen Collection Swab
- CHG Swab & Applicator
- VTM Kit
- Saliva Collection Kit
- Transport Medium
- Plastic Cryo Tube
- Face Mask
- Featured Products
Product model: MSA-105
Solution content: 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, 10.5ML Liquid
Material: medical grade foam+ABS handle.
Product packaging: independent packaging
MSA-105 CHG Applicator is a medical applicator which is used for skin antisepsis preparation, it is made of medical grade 100PPI open-cell polyurethane foam and white ABS handle. It is with formulation of 2% Chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) and 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to meets the strict clinical requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for new drug applications. It kills more bacteria than traditional iodophors or alcohol. Many, it is praised by clinicians as the most exciting research breakthrough in disinfectant solvent after povidone-iodine.
The Center for Disease Control believes that chlorhexidine gluconate has several significant advantages:
•Compared with other fungicides, it has better sterilization effect
•Can quickly and continuously sterilize without irritating the skin
• It still maintains bactericidal activity against protein-rich microorganisms
1. Easy to use: There is no glass device, no need to activate before use, no need to wait for a long time for the liquid to soak the sponge.
2. Aseptic technique: latex-free, single-use product, long-handled plastic rod can avoid hand contact with sponge head and patient’s skin, reducing the chance of cross-infection.
3. Smear: A soft sponge gently rubs the skin surface, which can help the bactericide penetrate into the first five layers of cells in the epidermis and kill 80% of the remaining microbial cells.
4. It is still effective in protein-rich microorganisms: there is still bactericidal activity in blood, serum and other protein-rich microorganisms.
5. Fast: quickly kill most microbes and bacteria on the skin.
6. Lasting: at least 48 hours of antibacterial activity.
7. Extensive: effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including Staphylococcus (MRSA), Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE), Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacter (CRE), Clostridium difficile , Reed bacteria and most viruses and fungi.
• Use with caution in infants under 2 months and premature infants. The product may cause irritation or burns to the baby’s skin.
• This product is a single-use product, please discard it immediately after use.
• The sponge does not contain latex and is a topical product
•Use in a well-ventilated place.
• Do not use for lumbar puncture or meningeal surgery
• Do not use for open wounds or for daily skin cleaning.
• Do not use for patients who are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or isopropanol
• Do not touch eyes, ears and mouth.
• Please store at 15-30 degrees Celsius (58-86 degrees Fahrenheit)
•Avoid freezing or storing at temperatures exceeding 40 °C (104 °F) to maintain its best efficacy.
• Before using the chlorhexidine gluconate preoperative skin disinfection swab, please read the instructions on the package carefully and follow the doctor’s advice.