Please read all instructions before collecting specimens.Vaginal Swab Specimen Collection Guide:
1. Wash hands with soap and water. Rinse and dry.
2. Hold the swab in one hand and with the other hand separate the folds of skin around the vaginal opening (labia). Do not touch the swab tip or lay it down. If you touch the tip or lay the swab down, ask for a new swab.
3. Insert the swab about 5 cm (2 inches) into the vaginal opening. Gently turn the swab for about 30 seconds while rubbing the swab against the wall of the vagina.
4. Withdraw the swab without touching the skin. holding the swab in the same hand remove the cap from the tube. Place the swab in the tube.
5. Tightly close the PCR Media tube.
6. After collection, wash hands with soap and water, rinse, and dry.
7. Return the sample to your healthcare provider as instructed.
Specimen Storage and Transport
Specimens collected with the Vaginal Specimen Transport must be stored and transported to the laboratory at 2-30°C within 14 days of collection. Alternatively, specimens may be stored and transported to the laboratory frozen (-20°C) within 180 days of collection. Vaginal swab specimens must be transported to the laboratory in the swab tube provided.
Learn About Medico Vaginal Swab, Click here: https://www.medicoswab.com/products/specimen-collection-swab/gynecological-swabs/